Are you blogging on WordPress.com platform and wondering how you can make money from it? If yes, this is a detailed guide for you to look at various options to monetize your WordPress.com blog. Those who are new to blogging and just started with a blog, and thinking to make some money if they have good quality of audience on a daily or weekly basis.
WordPress.com is not supporting any kind of script advertisements like Google Adsense etc. But you can use adsense on wordpress.org custom domain websites. WordPress officially launched its own WordAdsthat are used to monetize wordpress.com free blogs just like google adsense.
WordPress offers two ways to create your blog:
- WordPress.com: Free platform which is easy for anyone to start a blog instantly. It’s a good platform to start your first blog but I wouldn’t recommend to stick to it for long, as there are many limitations of this platform. I will talk about that in a minute, let’s have a look at other variation.
- WordPress.org: This is also known as self hosted platform where you host your blog on your own server. It requires a bit of technical knowledge (Though not much) and the advantage here is; there is no limitations here.
How to Monetize WordPress.com Blog with WordAds
To monetize your blog with wordads you need to have good amount of daily traffic & completely designed wordpress blog. The try not to copy content or steal images from google as it effects your monitization. Follow the steps given below to monetize your free wordpress.com blog to earn money.
- Goto wordpress.com and create a new blog
- Design your blog completely & add some good quality content
- Publish articles on daily basis
- after getting round about 1000 views in a month (Use Blog stats widget) to see status or see your blog dashboard for monthly audience statistics
- After that goto WordAds SignupCheck that is your blog eligible for monitization
- If you see your blog in eligible criteria just select your Country&PaypalEmail.
- Wait for the application approval
- After approval select the location for the wordads to display and start earning online
Important points about WordAds:
- You can check your WordAds earning from Settings -> WordAds in your Dashboard.
- WordAds pays you for impression and not for click. So more traffic you will get, you will earn more.
- WordAds would work better for bloggers who have traffic from U.S or European countries.
- You need to earn minimum of $100 to get paid and payment mode isPayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal Id, create one for free here. Also don’t get disappointed if it takes time to reach $100 threshold. Remember something is better than nothing.
- Getting WordAds approval depends on monthly traffic your blog is getting and what kind of blog (Topic) you are running.
- You need to have custom domain name for your WordPress.com blog to use WordAds. (Why not get a self hosted blog instead?)
- Useful link:WordAds themes. These are theme which are officially recommended for WordPress.com blog running WordAds.
Earnings & Payments Details of WordAds
Q: When are earnings posted?
A: It can vary month to month, but we generally try to have earnings posted around the end of the monthfollowingthe month in which they were earned (so January earnings are generally posted around the end of February).
Q: Where can I see my earnings?
A: Once your earnings have been posted, you’ll be able to see them via theEarningstab atMy Sites > WordAds.
Q: Can I have more information about my earnings?
A: Generally, you’re paid per impression (when the ad is seen by a visitor), not by click. That means the more visits you get, and the more each visitor uses your site, the more you’ll earn.
What you earn can vary greatly per site, depending on the following factors:
- The amount of traffic.
- Where the majority of the traffic is coming from. (North American ad placements currently pay out at a much greater level than ads from other regions.)
- How many visitors are using ad blockers.
- The actual ads that are displayed.
Q: Do ads run in emails or mobile phones?
A: WordAds does not run in emails. We do display them on smartphones, which is a fast-growing traffic segment.
Q: Why do you need my Social Security number?
A: The IRS requires that we collect it if you are a US citizen.
Q: How and when do I get paid?
A: WordAds pays monthly via PayPal. Payments are sent around the last day of the following month. If you earned less than $100 in a given month, your earnings will carry over to the next month instead.