Recently google has launched the new application Google App Maker and easy application that help you to make web applications using drag & drop. App Maker lets you develop powerful apps with relative ease. Create a model to manage your data, build a UI in the visual editor, use Apps Script to write some scripts, and you’re on your way.
What is App Maker?
App Maker offers:
- Drag-and-drop UI editor – With built-in templates and an intuitive UI editor, App Maker makes it easy for anyone to build sophisticated user interfaces.
- Power data models – Let your app create new data, or import the data you already have. Store that data in your Drive or on Google Cloud Platform.
- Click to publish – Quickly deploy your app to the entire company. No servers, administrators, or provisioning required.
This codelab will walk you through creating your own web App using App Maker, including the UI, as well as the data model. You will create an app starting from a blank template.
What you will build
|In this codelab, you’re going to build a simple Project Tracker App using App Maker. Your app will:
What you’ll learn
- How to design and construct an app using App Maker
- How to define the data model of the app and store data
- How to update, and customize your app.
- How to test you app.
What you’ll need
- A recent version of Chrome.
- An access to App Maker (currently in Early Adopter Program, so you’ll need an access to App Maker EAP)
How to Create App in Google App Maker
For the first time you will get 14 days free trail period in which you can use all the features for free after that you have to pay for the google G suite services to use Google App Maker.
Click on click next & you will be redirected to the Google App Maker page. Enter your business information and clients select 100 as default.
App Creator Interface
Open a web browser and navigate to appmaker.google.com. The first time you launch the app, a dialog box appears.
On the left side, you can select an existing application configuration or create a new app. On the right side, you can access a selection of link to tutorials, Codelabs, Docs and Samples.
Here, select CREATE NEW APP in the lower left side. When creating a new application in App Maker, you can start from a template or from a blank application.
App Maker offers a selection of interesting templates that can help you reduce the time to create you application. Each template is focus on a business case and therefore comes with a data model and a UI. You can then create you application by using a template as is or by modifying it to your needs.
Build apps that fill gaps, like accelerating business workflows or scaling internal operations, with G Suite’s low-code development environment. App Maker is included with G Suite Business and Enterprise editions, as well as, with G Suite for Education.