Sometimes on youtube we face the black screen issue. The issue of YouTube Black Screen causes with various reasons. So, i decided to find the reasons behind this issue and suggest some working solutions. As you can guess, YouTube video black screen problem can be caused due to many reasons.
Sometimes, it’s your connection, and sometimes your computer, that is causing the issue. In this article, however, im sharing some of the effective ways that help can you to solve this issue for android IOS & Desktop version of YouTube.
Reasons Why You are Facing YouTube Black Screen Problem
Before we talk about the detailed issues and workarounds, shall we check out the major reasons? If you are facing the issue of YouTube videos black screen, the following factors can be the reasons.
- You are using a poor, unstable internet connection.
- There is something wrong with Adobe Flash Player or the HTML5 Player rendering.
- Your web browser is filled with cache content.
- You are trying to watch YouTube content that is restricted/sensitive.
- You are using some ad-blocking extensions that mess with YouTube playback.
- There is something wrong with the YouTube page itself.
- You have signed into your YouTube account!
- You are using an outdated version of the web browser.
- There is something wrong with your browser settings.
As you may have seen, not all of them are problems, per se. For instance, signing into YouTube account is a common thing. But, at times, they can cause this annoying issue too. Now that you have an idea, let us take up the major issues and suggest some viable solutions.
1. You Are Using a Poor, Unstable Internet Connection
If you see a black screen instead of the video content, you should check the Internet connection. If YouTube is not able to video content from the server, you will be seeing nothing but a black screen. It may not be always due to lack of connection. Even some small issues in the network can cause black screen YouTube screen or some times it is due to the location blockage service. That video is available for only specific countries.
Solution: Reset your Router/Modem or Try Connecting to Another Network.
If the issue persists, you can try the following methods.
- Refresh the YouTube page and see if the Black screen is gone
- Try loading other web pages and see if it’s a general problem
- Reset your Router/Modem for a possible fix
- Try connecting to another network and see if the issue is still there
- Enquire if your ISP is throttling the speed
2. Your Web Browser has a Lot of Cache Content
The abundance of cache content can cause YouTube videos black screen issue at times. If you have been watching a lot of things on YouTube lately, it’s probably the reason. Just so you know, over-filling of Cache is a reason for some other browser-based issues, like PC slowdown.
Solution: Clear Cache and Temporary Files in Browser.
This solution is simple, but you can use different methods to do this.
You have to clear the cache of your browser. However, we recommend clearing all of the temporary files in the browser. To do that, you can try the following steps in Google Chrome.
- Go to Chrome options > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data
- Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Del or Cmd+Shift+Del
- In the upcoming pop-up page, choose the Advanced tab
- From the menu, select Cached Images and File and everything else you want to clear
- Hit the Clear Data button and reload the video you were watching
You can follow the corresponding steps for your browser. Almost every web browser in the world has a way to clear cache/temporary content. By the way, if you want better cleaning, you can use third-party software like CCleaner.
3. You Are Trying to View a Restricted/Sensitive Video
There are two YouTube settings that can show the black screen error — Not Available in Your Country and The Uploader Hasn’t Made This Video Available. Both these are at the uploader’s discretion and we had also recommended some workarounds. These issues can cause the black screen to appear.
Miscellaneous Solutions to Remove YouTube Black Screen Problem
We have already shown you some of the detailed ways to get rid of the YouTube videos black screen.
- You have to update your web browser to the latest version. Some kinds of bugs and issues in the browser can cause YouTube errors like this.
- You can also try using other web browsers. The error may also be due to a particular error in a single browser. In that case, you can use another browser for YouTube consumption.
- Have a look at the browser extensions and add-ons you have installed. Make sure that nothing has a negative impact on YouTube playback. You can know this by launching the same video in Incognito Mode, where extensions don’t work.
- Scan your computer with antivirus programs to make sure that there’s no adware hidden. Some kinds of adware are known for tampering the YouTube playback screen with ads.
These are the basic steps. If these don’t work, the detailed tutorials will surely help you to solve the black screen issue in your device. If you still have any issue comment down below.