Before August 2018, it was nearly impossible to get verified on Instagram in Pakistan. The coveted blue tick was reserved for a select few “public figures, celebrities, and brands.” There wasn’t even an official application process or form to fill out. Basically, you had to already be well-established on the platform and have a contact at Instagram who could help.
How to get verified on Instagram
Applying only takes a few moments.
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to Settings
- Scroll down and tap Request Verification
- Type in your account name, full name, and a photo of your ID if you’re a person, or a legal or business ID if you have an Instagram for Business account
- Hit Send
Verification In Pakistan is Easy?
Being verified means your account has been confirmed as authentic by Instagram. This helps people avoid imposters and easily find the brands or public figures they want to follow. Verified accounts have a little blue check mark beside their name.
Why you Need verified Account
And then your account must also be…
- Authentic. Obviously you have to be who you say you are. That is, a real person, registered business, or brand.
- Unique. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions of language-specific accounts. Instagram says it does not verify general interest accounts like meme roundups.
- Public. If you’re looking to get verified, surely your account is already viewable to everyone, yes?
- Complete. You must have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. Note: Instagram says your profile must not contain “add me” links to other social media services.
- Notable. Again, Instagram stresses that verified accounts must “represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand, or entity.” So, a public figure, celebrity, or global brand. When it reviews a verification application, Instagram looks at whether the user is featured in multiple news sources. Paid or promotional content doesn’t count.
Make sure your Instagram username is the same as it is on other channels
Same concept as above. Consistent branding—text and visual—makes it easy for your followers on other platforms to find and recognize you on Instagram.
Include a link to your website on your profile
Another easy way to show that your account is authentic. But again, do not include a link to another network. Instagram says it won’t approve profiles that “contain ‘add me’ links to other social channels.”
Resubmit your application
If at first you’re denied verification, take the time to follow the advice above to improve your profile and grow your audience. Once you’ve made the necessary changes and further establish yourself on the platform, there’s no harm in trying again.